To develop, administer and periodically review Progresif’s HR Policy and Employee Relations program for all levels of employees (Local and Expatriate employees). This is done by advising Line Clients on the management of HR Policy in line with societal and market trends both from local and global perspectives on one hand, and by advising the Line Departments/Divisions on interpretation and application on the other.
- Policy Development
- Identify and develop key policy areas
- Monitor and maintain organizational health based on Employee Engagement Survey outcomes and recommends policy changes to the CHRO
- Provide advice and counsel to Line Clients regarding personnel practices, polcu and employment laws
- Administer and interpret various labour agreements, administers grievance procedures, and provides labour relations support during contract negotiations
- Manage relocation, immigration and other responsibilities related to staffing administration
- Ensure compliance with all labour and employment regulations
- Remuneration and Benefits
- Attract, retain and motivate high quality employees while reducing turnover by enhancing the company’s profile through a consistent compensation philosophy in line with work culture and organizational objectives.
- Develop a fair, equitable and competitive total compensation and benefits package that fits and is aligned to our company’s strategy and business goals.
- Ensure remuneration practices are in compliance with legislation (e.g. Labour and Employment Acts)
- Use various methods and techniques and make data based decisions on direct financial, indirect financial and nonfinancial remuneration and benefits.
- Conduct Job Analysis and Job Evaluation.
- Employee Relations
- Advise and support Line Managers in handling of all ER matters, including disciplinary, grievance and performance management.
- Support the organization in resolving matters of conflict at the earliest opportunity and lead any formal processes within these areas
- Act as a liaison between department managers and staff representative body (where applicable)
- Sound judgement and decision-making are important qualities of an Employee Relations personnel in that a poor decision could have a serious impact on the Company’s reputation in a legal context e.g. wrongful disciplinary outcome or dismissal.
- Ensure all work related to Labour and Immigration (e.g. work permit, professional visit visa) are managed and processes in accordance to regulatory requirements in a timely manner
- Other Accountabilitites
- Coach and mentor subordinates and contributes to their personal and professional development
- Actively involved in various HR projects, mainly as the lead
- Has acting capacity – with full authorities – to CHRO position
- Bachelor Degree Graduate with 10 – 18 years of working experience. Preferred HR Management, Business Administration or Social Sciences Graduate with relevant work experience
- 10 to 18 years of experience in HR with direct exposure to HR Generalist role, Employee Relations or Policy Development. Graduates from other discipline should have had exposure to key HR issues and people management experience
- Good knowledge of the Telecommunication business in general and specific business processes relating to the functional area of responsibility. Able to see the HR processes in the bigger picture of the Telecommunication business and Government Stakeholder interests
- Understanding of GLC governance
- Strong communication skills (including written and presentation skills)
- Assertive and natural mixer
- Ability to recognize the need for change in area of responsibility; leads and manages to the transition and implementation
- Ability to develop own work programme based on supervisors’ outline
- Capable of handling non-routine matters and ability to handle multi-task with confidence.
- Good interpersonal skills as a team player and with Line clients at all levels
- Project management skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to gather, interpret an analysis data
- Ability to absorb, digest and relate detailed scientific, quality, and regulatory information
- Ability to critically evaluate and troubleshoot problems
- Ability to effectively participate on multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent coaching skills
If you think you’re Progresif enough you’ll want to email your resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at
Human Capital and Administration Division
Progresif Cellular Sdn Bhd,
Unit 1-5, Block A & B, Spg 137-65, Kg Kiarong
Jalan Pasar Baharu Gadong, Bandar Seri Begawan
BE 1318, Brunei Darussalam
No Later than 9th February 2018
Just to let you know, we get a whole lot of applicants. If we’re unable to contact you
That doesn’t mean that your not Progresif. You could always try again the next time
Around or even give us a call at 222 1010.