Brunei is not short on creativity or passion for business and this has never been more apparent than by the overwhelming response since announcing the launch of our StartUp Lab. The entrepreneurial space is one that Progresif has been investing in since the launch of the brand two years ago.
We’ve seen the startup movement grow significantly in Brunei through efforts like Darussalam Enterprise’ (DARe) 100-Day StartUp boot camp which we have proudly supported for the last two sessions. These initiatives set the wheels in motion of what was to come in our support for startups.
We launched our own StartUp Lab to support companies that have just started and need a little support in the early days of their business.
We designed our programme to help these new businesses control costs while having access to a co-working space that was purposefully built to fit their needs. We also provide support structures in-house for marketing & sales, business development, technology, legal & financial advice as well as access to our global network of mentors, investors and partners.
As we focus on ICT and related businesses, the synergy that we aim to create in the Startup Lab brings quick wins for cost savings, revenue generation and creation of business opportunities to gain momentum before setting off on their own.
To date, we have welcomed two businesses into the lab since launch: DART Logistics, Brunei’s first ride booking service, and Priority Dynamics, a newly established data analytics company that will be bringing big data thinking, analysis and planning to Brunei.
What we expect:
- A solid business plan and Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Dedicated team with relevant experience and track record of success
- Past involvement with Entrepreneurship programs like DARe’s 100 Day Bootcamp
- Willingness to give back to support the program through workshops, moderated forums and mentoring
What you get:
- Fully equipped & furnished co-working space
- Progresif StartUp voice, text and data package
- Monthly business plan and progress reviews
- Regular one-on-one sessions with mentors
- Access to support functions like Finance, Legal & Regulatory, Marketing, Sales, IT and Engineering
- Networking opportunities for customers, technology, mentors & investors
- Quarterly topical workshops